Messy Church is now into its 2nd Year at King’s Park Church. We enjoyed some memorable themes last year including; Joseph, Moses, Abraham, Prodigal Son, Love your Neighbour, Jesus Said I am the Light of the World & I am the Good Shepherd.
What is Messy Church?
With Messy Church we are trying to be a worshipping community of all ages, focused on Jesus, showing Christian hospitality – allowing people to be creative, to sit down together to eat a meal and have fun in church.
- We provide an opportunity for people of all ages to worship together.
- We help people of all ages to feel that they belong in church and to each other.
- To help people have fun together.
- To give people the opportunity to express their God-given creativity.
- To invite people into an experience of Christian community.
- To introduce people to Jesus through hospitality, friendship, stories and worship.
What Happens and When?
4pm Church doors open. People arrive, play board games and have a drink and biscuit.
4.30-5.15pm Craft Time
5.15-5.30pm Celebration service in church
5.30-6.00pm Hot meal together
Everyone of any age will be made most welcome
We would love to see more families enjoying this informal and messy way of doing church and everyone of all ages and stages in life will be most welcome. It is a great way to learn about God and share time enjoying yourselves with your family, and no need to cook as there is always a hot meal at the end, together.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Everyone at Messy Church